Advantage II is a monthly flea preventative. Advantage II eradicates and protects your cat from fleas no matter what stage of their life cycle they are in. This once a month medication is excellent for stopping infected pets from coming into the home. This product’s mechanism of action works via imidacloprid and pyriproxyfen, ingredients that are able to exterminate infesting fleas upon contact—which works to cut out the need for fleas to bite in order to be exterminated. A single administration of this product can be effective for up to a month.
Advantage II is indicated for use in cats and ferrets. Do not use in kitten 8 weeks of age and younger.
- Exterminates fleas at all stages of life cycle.
- Inhibits biting in 3 to 5 minutes
- Manages existing infestations
- Stops potential for future infestations
- Exterminates fleas within 12 hours of first administration
- Exterminates re infesting fleas within 2 hours
- Initiates effect upon contact (fleas aren’t required to ingest product to be exterminated) Waterproof
Possible Side Effects
Drug & Food Interactions
Talk to your veterinarian about any other drugs your pet is taking before starting this medication.
Under normal conditions this product is effective for a month. However, in cases of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than 4 weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 14 days for kittens or once every 7 days for small and large cats. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.